The Fresh Products Preservation Technologies Sector focuses on the following areas:
- Study of the physiological and metabolic base of ripening and spoilage of fruits & vegetables,
- Development of methods – techniques of shelf-life extension of fresh products,
- Identification of optimal conditions of storage, handling and preservation. Implementation of innovative technologies to maintain quality,
- Analysis and assessment of functional components of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- New products production with high nutritional value.